Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Kodak's online store

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Did anybody else notice that super8 film disappeared from Kodak's online store? It's back now.

    Why is it that the online store only carries K-40 without processing? No K-40 w/mailers. They don't cary the mailers either.

    Speaking of mailers, are you supposed to send them to Switzerland or to New Jersey? Does the price of the mailer include return postage?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 27, 2002 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Actor ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never noticed. I always thought people were buying the mailers elsewhere. You send the film to N.J. and they forward it onto Switzerland. Just drop them in the mail, right? I think B&H photo sells them cheap, along with a lot of other stuff I've noticed...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh1.sph/...ID=F1FEFD20010

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 27, 2002 11:07 PM: Message edited by: c_77 ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imissedthesixties's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never been able to understand what you guys are talking about concerning the K-40 w/ processing offered on the Kodak site.

    Any time I tried to order K-40 online from shop@Kodak I get it for $10.83 a roll plus shipping, never any mention of processing included. Where is everyone finding this information out?

    In the meantime I've been sticking with the Ektachrome. The K-40 is much more vibrant but I shoot in lower lit situations outdoors so the Extachrome seems fit for my purpose.

    ~M

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    I've never been able to understand what you guys are talking about concerning the K-40 w/processing offered on the Kodak site.

    Any time I tried to order K-40 online from shop@Kodak I get it for $10.83 a roll plus shipping, never any mention of processing included. Where is everyone finding this information out?
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You can't get it online. That's my complaint. You have to call 1-800-621-FILM and ask for CAT No. 505 3335. It's $13.54/cart plus sales tax (for whatever state you live in) plus shipping. If K-40 w/o processing is $10.83 then you are getting the PK-59 mailer for $2.71. B&H charges $5.59 so it's a savings of $2.88 on the mailer.

    I got the word from www.littlefilm.org

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Colorburst300's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2002
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So is the mailer considered your processing?

    That's awfully cheap... cheaper than the infamous walmart

    ~M

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ordered the rolls k40 last week that I did not notice it disapperarance. About process, i never understand why kodak sell the rolls without process!!! Only i like are yale and dwayne's unless I made crazy yale is out of question. Maybe mountain lab will do but expensive but but no charge for push r pull process? Jerome, deaf filmmaker

  7. #7
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The whole point of the mailer is it is a one shot deal. It includes your processing, and your 'shipping and handling'. Now that I have brought up those two bad words,...where B&H is the cheapest as far as price per unit they get you on the shipping and handling. It appears that they use FedEx for whatever reason and it is like $7.50 per order, up to about three mailers. They advertise a low price to get you there then make a profit on the shipping and handling. Maybe FedEx just costs more overall; I hope this doesn't offset the cost savings for using them.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 28, 2002 01:17 PM: Message edited by: c_77 ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bucaneer american's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2002
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's awfully cheap... cheaper than the infamous walmart </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    so is it true. does wal mart in fact process super 8. ive heard that they do and that they dont. inform me, guys.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Wal-Mart farms it out to Dwayne's. That's according to the 8mm Film Metadirectory.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 04, 2002 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Actor ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Actor:

    You can't get it online. That's my complaint. You have to call 1-800-621-FILM and ask for CAT No. 505 3335. It's $13.54/cart plus sales tax (for whatever state you live in) plus shipping. If K-40 w/o processing is $10.83 then you are getting the PK-59 mailer for $2.71. B&H charges $5.59 so it's a savings of $2.88 on the mailer.

    I got the word from www.littlefilm.org
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Thanks for the tip! It doesn't make sense why they won't put this sku on the web!?? It helps to read the whole post, I thought BH was still the best deal. I'm ordering some K40 with mailers from Kodak today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •